Mushfiq-Sabbir set sixth wicket partnership record for Bangladesh
Poriborton Correspondent 9:02 pm, September 04, 2017
Skipper Mushfiqur Rahim and Sabbir Rahman set a new 105-run sixth wicket partnership record for Bangladesh on the first day of the second and final Test against visiting Australia at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chittagong on Monday.
The duo broke the previous sixth wicket partnership Khaled Masud and Sanowar Hossain, who scored 60 run against Australia in Cairns Test back in 2003.
When the Tigers were struggling 117 for 5, Mushfiq and middle order batsman Sabbir Rahman came in the middle to repair the early damage. They rescued Tiger’s dilapidated innings to stop the rot contributing an important 105-runs partnership for the sixth wicket stand to take Bangladesh total to 222 before Lyon dealt the final blow on Bangladesh on the day removing dangerous Sabbir who was shaping well.
Other news Of this category
- Tigers set 256-run target for of SA Invitational XI
- Football owed the World Cup to Lionel Messi - Jorge Sampaoli
- Lionel Messi hat-trick seals World Cup berth for Argentina
- Five-wicket Perera stars in Sri Lanka series win
- Manchester City ‘want Lionel Messi in world-record £357m move' from Barcelona