'Mashrafe to play as long as he wants'
Poriborton Correspondent 6:31 pm, July 11, 2017
Amid rumors on the social networking sites, Chief of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Nazmul Hasan Papon on Tuesday confirmed that Mashrafe will play in Bangladesh Cricket team and lead it as long as he wishes.
Nazmul Hasan said, "People are acting in such a way, that he will be dropped from the team before 2019 World Cup. There is no possibility of that. He will be on the team as long as he will play. He has two roles in our team- one is captaincy. There is no alternative for him in Bangladesh. And, he is also performing very well as a bowler. We have no plan to change him. If there is anything like this to happen, we will talk with him, not with you."
Showing utter distaste for the current rumors, Nazmul Hasan said, "The ongoing discussion is very bad. It is irritating for Mashrafe too. He must have been crestfallen too. He could think that something about which he does not know anything must be going on, because we maintain a regular contact. I think these sorts of questions should not arise."
Other news Of this category
- Tigers set 256-run target for of SA Invitational XI
- Football owed the World Cup to Lionel Messi - Jorge Sampaoli
- Lionel Messi hat-trick seals World Cup berth for Argentina
- Five-wicket Perera stars in Sri Lanka series win
- Manchester City ‘want Lionel Messi in world-record £357m move' from Barcelona