'Mashrafe to play as long as he wants'
Poriborton Correspondent 6:31 pm, July 11, 2017
Amid rumors on the social networking sites, Chief of Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) Nazmul Hasan Papon on Tuesday confirmed that Mashrafe will play in Bangladesh Cricket team and lead it as long as he wishes.
Nazmul Hasan said, "People are acting in such a way, that he will be dropped from the team before 2019 World Cup. There is no possibility of that. He will be on the team as long as he will play. He has two roles in our team- one is captaincy. There is no alternative for him in Bangladesh. And, he is also performing very well as a bowler. We have no plan to change him. If there is anything like this to happen, we will talk with him, not with you."
Showing utter distaste for the current rumors, Nazmul Hasan said, "The ongoing discussion is very bad. It is irritating for Mashrafe too. He must have been crestfallen too. He could think that something about which he does not know anything must be going on, because we maintain a regular contact. I think these sorts of questions should not arise."
Other news Of this category
- Barcelona and PSG announce press conferences amid Neymar rumors
- Australian senior cricketers vote to boycott Bangladesh tour
- Mithali blames inexperience, panic for loss in Women’s World Cup final
- Mahmudulllah taken to hospital after getting injured in gym
- Superb Harmanpreet Kaur helps India knock Australia out of World Cup
- India-Sri Lanka 2011 World Cup final to be probed!
- Paris Saint-Germain hope to finish deal with Neymar this time around
- Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 4 wickets in record run chase
- Sikandar Raza's century helps Zimbabwe to stretch lead over Sri Lanka
- Involving Sanga, Mahela or me won't help Sri Lanka: Murali