'Series win pinnacle of my career'
Poriborton Desk 4:52 pm, July 11, 2017
Zimbabwe captain Graeme Cremer says the series win over Sri Lanka is the highest point of his career. Zimbabwe had never won a series against Sri Lanka - home or away - and on Monday (July 10), the tourists won the fifth and final ODI to complete a 3-2 series win at Suriyawewa.
"This is the pinnacle of my career. No doubt about that. I have been through lot of good moments since I started playing. There's been nothing like this. Series win in Sri Lanka is tough and to lead this team is a super feeling. This is definitely the highest point in my career," noted Cremer.
"This is very special. Just knowing that quality Zimbabwe sides that have come here have gone empty handed makes the series win so special. As a team, the unity we had was special. To lead a team like this to a series win I am really happy," Cremer said.
One major difference between the two sides was Zimbabwe's excellent fielding. In the fifth ODI, Tarisai Musakanda took a blinder at point to dismiss Akila Dananjaya and Cremer felt that was a huge turning point in the game.
"Overall we were good in fielding I would say. Fielding actually separates teams often. That catch from Masakanda today was a turning point. If not for that Sri Lanka could have got to 230 and that would have been a tough total. I thought our fielding was brilliant. Definitely fielding is a positive for us."
Cremer also said that playing stronger oppositions will help his team improve. "We have been trying to get more cricket against top oppositions. We can only get better by doing that. It will help us a lot if there's more cricket. We will certainly get better."
Other news Of this category
- Barcelona and PSG announce press conferences amid Neymar rumors
- Australian senior cricketers vote to boycott Bangladesh tour
- Mithali blames inexperience, panic for loss in Women’s World Cup final
- Mahmudulllah taken to hospital after getting injured in gym
- Superb Harmanpreet Kaur helps India knock Australia out of World Cup
- India-Sri Lanka 2011 World Cup final to be probed!
- Paris Saint-Germain hope to finish deal with Neymar this time around
- Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe by 4 wickets in record run chase
- Sikandar Raza's century helps Zimbabwe to stretch lead over Sri Lanka
- Involving Sanga, Mahela or me won't help Sri Lanka: Murali