Australia to play 2 tests in Bangladesh in 2017
12:34 pm, January 05, 2017
Australia cricket team is likely to tour Bangladesh later this year for a two-match Test series that was postponed in October 2015 as per their government’s advice.
Cricket Australia's chief executive James Sutherland said, “Australia is almost certain to tour Bangladesh…unless further security issues arise in the meantime.”
Sutherland said although no date is yet to be fixed for the tour, it is likely in August or September.
“Anything can happen between and we continue to monitor what's happening in Bangladesh, but we work on the assumption that we're going to play and we start to plan accordingly,” Sutherland said on ABC Radio recently.
“What we saw at the end of last year was the England team tour Bangladesh. We certainly saw very strong security around the team.”
“We certainly get a good deal of comfort from the way in which the security measures were put in place by the Bangladesh government, in conjunction with the cricket board over there. At the moment I would assume that we would be playing two Tests over there, Cricket Australia's chief executive said.
Following the postponement of Test series in 2015, Australia also did not send their team to take part in the Under-19 World Cup in Bangladesh in early 2016 as the government felt that was “high risks”.
Australia last played a Test series against Bangladesh in April 2006, later they travelled here for a three-match ODI series in April 2011.
Other news Of this category
- Tigers set 256-run target for of SA Invitational XI
- Football owed the World Cup to Lionel Messi - Jorge Sampaoli
- Lionel Messi hat-trick seals World Cup berth for Argentina
- Five-wicket Perera stars in Sri Lanka series win
- Manchester City ‘want Lionel Messi in world-record £357m move' from Barcelona