BD to play against India in SAFF Women’s final
2:33 pm, January 04, 2017
Bangladesh Women’s Football team will play their first-ever final of the SAFF Women’s Championship against three-time champions and hosts India at Kanchenjunga Stadium in the Indian town of Siliguri on Wednesday.
Bangladesh stormed the final crushing the Maldives by 6-0 goals in the 2nd semifinal at the same venue on Monday.
India, the champions of the three previous meets, made a final berth eliminating Nepal by 3-1 goals in the first semifinal on the same day in the afternoon.
The Bangladesh team, led by Sabina Khatun, reached the semifinal as unbeaten Group B champions after playing goalless draw with holder and hosts India last Friday following their 6-0 victory over Afghanistan, featuring five goals by the skipper Sabina Khatun.
India booked a seat for the semifinal outplaying Afghanistan by 5-1 goals after playing goalless draw Bangladesh in Group B matches.
Other news Of this category
- Tigers set 256-run target for of SA Invitational XI
- Football owed the World Cup to Lionel Messi - Jorge Sampaoli
- Lionel Messi hat-trick seals World Cup berth for Argentina
- Five-wicket Perera stars in Sri Lanka series win
- Manchester City ‘want Lionel Messi in world-record £357m move' from Barcelona