Arrest warrants issued against Khaleda
Poriborton Correspondent 4:02 pm, October 12, 2017
Two Dhaka courts on Thursday issued arrest warrants against BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia in two cases. Dhaka fifth special judge court issued the warrant against the BNP chief in Zia Orphanage Trust graft case as she refrained from appearing before the court. Thursday was fixed for placing statement in Khaleda's defence.
Dhaka metropolitan magistrate Nur Nabi issued warrant against her in a case lodged for undermining the flag and map of Bangladesh and the War of Liberation by including anti-liberation people in the government.
The court on September 17 ordered Khaleda Zia to appear before it today or face arrest warrant in the case.
Jananetri Parishad president AB Siddique filed the case last year against Khaleda and her late husband and former president Ziaur Rahman.
Other news Of this category
- Chhatra Dal leader detained in DU sent to court
- Jamaat to get fitting response if they become violent: Quader
- Workers Party proposes election under present govt
- Jamaat calls hartal for Thursday
- Bikalpa Dhara for army deployment during election