Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda
Poriborton Correspondent 2:48 pm, October 09, 2017
A Comilla court issued an arrest warrant against BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in a case filed over hurling petrol bomb at a bus in Noabazar area of Chauddagram upazila in Comilla. Comilla Session Judge Jesmina Begum issued the warrant on Monday, said the session courts' PP Mostafizur Rahman Liton.
Eight people were killed, 20 injured in the arson attack on a bus of Unique Transport on February 3, 2015, during a blockade program of BNP.
Sub Inspector Nuruzzaman filed the case mentioning former Member of Parliament Dr Abdullah Mohammad Taher as the main accused and 56 named and 20 unnamed people.
Sub Inspector of Chaiddagram Police station and investigating officer of the case M Ibrahim submitted the charge sheet against 78 people on March 6 this year. The court issued the arrest warrant in the case today.
Other news Of this category
- Arrest warrants issued against Khaleda
- Chhatra Dal leader detained in DU sent to court
- Jamaat to get fitting response if they become violent: Quader
- Workers Party proposes election under present govt
- Jamaat calls hartal for Thursday