'How can it be just if Khaleda commits crime?'
Poriborton Correspondent 2:59 pm, August 06, 2017
Responding to BNP leaders' apprehension about ensuring just verdicts in BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia's cases, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader asked, "Why are you afraid about ensuring justice. Is it because punishments are not handed down quickly?" He asked these when the journalists drew his attention to the BNP leaders' statement at a program to sign agreement for metro rail project in Sonargaon Hotel in the city on Sunday.
He also said, "Now the judiciary is independent. Then why are you doubtful about getting just sentences? It is an unnecessary fear, as the judiciary is free."
The AL general secretary also said, "Justice is justice, can there be an unjust verdict? If she (Khaleda) commits crime, how can it be just?"
Other news Of this category
- Arrest warrants issued against Khaleda
- Chhatra Dal leader detained in DU sent to court
- Jamaat to get fitting response if they become violent: Quader
- Workers Party proposes election under present govt
- Jamaat calls hartal for Thursday