A quarter creating instability to fish in troubled water: Quader
Poriborton Correspondent 4:42 pm, July 07, 2017
"The country is marching forward fast under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. At that time, a vested quarter is orchestrating plots to fish in the troubled water by creating instability in the country," said Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader while talking to the reporters after inaugurating a foot over bridge adjacent to Mymensingh Medical College Hospital on the Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway on Friday morning.
Quader, also the Awami League General Secretary, urged the people to remain alert and united against the conspiracies.
Replying to a question about the alleged abduction of poet and writer Farhad Mazhar, the minister said: "He (Farhad Mazhar) himself admitted that he was kidnapped to embarrass the government at home and abroad."
The AL general secretary said the member collection campaign is underway in the party and all concerned of the organisation will have to remain vigilant so that any leader and worker of Jamaat-Shibir doesn't enter the Awami League.
The minister said the four-lane work of Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway has been completed during the tenure of the present government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Quader congratulated Bangladesh Army for smoothly finishing the package-1 & 2 work of the four-lane Dhaka-Mymensingh Highway and requested the people to use the foot over bridge properly.
The 17 Engineering Construction Battalion under 24 Engineering Construction of Bangladesh Army completed the foot over bridge in one and a half year at a cost of Taka 1.10 crore.
Religious Affairs Minister Principal Motiur Rahman, Anwarul Abedin Tuhin, MP, District AL President Advocate Zahirul Haque Khoka, General Secretary Advocate Moazzem Hossain Alal and Mymensingh City AL President Ehteshamul Haque were present on the occasion, among others.
Other news Of this category
- Khaleda Zia communicating with IS: Hasan
- 'History points toward Sheikh Hasina'
- Tarique himself drives after receiving his mother at Heathrow
- BNP can't halt AL's victory by falsehood: Quader
- Charge-framing against Tarique Rahman's mother-in-law on Aug 16
- BNP-Jamaat alliance lobbied agencies to pull back Rampal Project: Hanif
- Farhad Mazhar abducted to distract people: Fakhrul
- Allah involved in politics on behalf of Jatiya Party: Ershad
- Waiting for Ershad, Rowshan sings song, ghazal
- Army to be deployed as ‘striking force’ during election period: Quader