Jasod leader remanded over MP Liton murder
8:29 pm, January 08, 2017
A Gaibandha court placed former vice chairman of upazila parishad and Jasod leader Ahsan Habib Masud on a seven day remand in a case filed over MP Liton’s murder.
Judge of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Court of Gaibandha M Maynul Hasan Yusuf passed remand order on Sunday, said GRO of the court Shah ALam.
He said Masud was produced before court on Sunday with an appeal for a seven-day remand, which was granted by the court.
Officer-in-charge (OC) of Sundarganj Police Station Atiar Rahman said they detained Habib on Saturday night as he had been at loggerheads with MP Liton before the latter was slain. Masud wanted to join Awami League (AL) MP Liton did not allow him. Masud, angry with Liton’s action, attacked Liton with a sharp weapon. A case was filed over the incident.
Liton was shot at point blank range by some miscreants at his village home at Masterpara in Bamandanga union of Sundarganj Upazila on December 31.
The MP was admitted to Rangpur Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Other news Of this category
- 'Allah saved us'
- 'Khichuri festival going on, while flood affected people not getting relief'
- Khaleda orders central leaders to leave Dhaka to help flood affected people
- No dialogue with BNP as Khaleda disrupts flow of democracy by observing birthday: Quader
- BNP not celebrating Khaleda's birthday
- 'How can it be just if Khaleda commits crime?'
- Tarique's wife not becoming active in politics right now
- UK unit of AL keeping eyes on every movement of Khaleda Zia in London: Quader
- Don't throw stones while you live in glass houses: Fakhrul to AL leaders
- Rape victim's hair shaved off, AL to take action