Jasod leader remanded over MP Liton murder
8:29 pm, January 08, 2017
A Gaibandha court placed former vice chairman of upazila parishad and Jasod leader Ahsan Habib Masud on a seven day remand in a case filed over MP Liton’s murder.
Judge of Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Court of Gaibandha M Maynul Hasan Yusuf passed remand order on Sunday, said GRO of the court Shah ALam.
He said Masud was produced before court on Sunday with an appeal for a seven-day remand, which was granted by the court.
Officer-in-charge (OC) of Sundarganj Police Station Atiar Rahman said they detained Habib on Saturday night as he had been at loggerheads with MP Liton before the latter was slain. Masud wanted to join Awami League (AL) MP Liton did not allow him. Masud, angry with Liton’s action, attacked Liton with a sharp weapon. A case was filed over the incident.
Liton was shot at point blank range by some miscreants at his village home at Masterpara in Bamandanga union of Sundarganj Upazila on December 31.
The MP was admitted to Rangpur Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.
Other news Of this category
- ‘Khaleda Zia to take part in the polls under Sheikh Hasina’
- Give scope to AL to serve people time and again: PM
- Nasim wants to send bed to Moudud
- Case filed accusing BNP men over attack on Fakhrul
- Khaleda's testimony in graft case deferred to June 29
- Attackers on Fakhrul are enemy of democracy: Nasim
- Action against attackers on Mirza Fakhrul's motorcade at Chittagong: Quader
- Hanif urges Khaleda to refrain from spreading falsehood
- Mirza Fakhrul, other BNP leaders attacked on way to distributing relief
- Proposal of supportive Government is conspiracy of BNP: Information Minister