Police misbehaves with families of the BNP men: Rizvi
5:37 pm, January 08, 2017
Police misbehaves with the women and children in the families of BNP leaders when they cannot find them at their homes during drives, said senior Joint General Secretary of BNP Advocate Ruhul Kabir Rizvi. He made the statement in a press briefing on Sunday.
Rizvi said , “Today we organized programs throughout the country to protest government’s obstruction in observing the ‘Democracy Killing Day’ on January 5. The law enforcers attacked the protest rallies and created obstacles. Police raided BNP men’s houses in many areas since yesterday and arrested them. When they could not find them at their homes, they misbehaved with the children and women at their houses.”
The joint general secretary of BNP also said, “The ruling party trembles with fear when they hear about programs of the opposition, because they are the main cause of fear for the general people. They are being criticized by the public for violating the democratic rights of the opposition party and attacking their rallies. They have dropped the mask democracy and incessantly trying to obliterate the opposition.”
Claiming that today’s program was successful he said, “The party members are successfully organizing democratic programs by overcoming the government’s torture with help from the people. Now, people united against misrule.”
Advisor to the BNP chairperson Habibur Rahman Habib, Ataur RAhman DHali, Joint Secretary of the party Khayrul KAbir Khokon, and organizational secretary Emran Saleh Prince were also present at the meeting.
Other news Of this category
- 'Allah saved us'
- 'Khichuri festival going on, while flood affected people not getting relief'
- Khaleda orders central leaders to leave Dhaka to help flood affected people
- No dialogue with BNP as Khaleda disrupts flow of democracy by observing birthday: Quader
- BNP not celebrating Khaleda's birthday
- 'How can it be just if Khaleda commits crime?'
- Tarique's wife not becoming active in politics right now
- UK unit of AL keeping eyes on every movement of Khaleda Zia in London: Quader
- Don't throw stones while you live in glass houses: Fakhrul to AL leaders
- Rape victim's hair shaved off, AL to take action