Global Handwashing Day today
12:09 pm, October 15, 2016
Global Handwashing Day-2016 will be observed today in Bangladesh as elsewhere in the world.
The day marks the campaign to motivate and mobilize people around the world to improve their handwashing habits by washing their hands with soap throughout each day. The campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of handwashing with soap as a key approach to disease prevention.
Different government and non-government organizations of Bangladesh have chalked out elaborate programmes to mark the day.
Local Government Division under LGRD and Cooperatives Ministry will bring out a colorful procession from Jatiya Press Club at 8.30 on Sunday morning. It will also organize a discussion at 9.30am at Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Khandker Mosharraf Hossain will join the discussion as the chief guest.
Other news Of this category
- Cholesterol-lowering jab to help prevent heart attacks
- Simple ways to identify plastic rice
- Marriage reduces heart attack risk
- Five home tests to help you identify plastic rice
- 10 health problems caused by air conditioners
- 150 attacked by Chikonguniya across country, DSCC’s crash program to control
- Incidents of Chikonguniya fever do not decrease due to excessive mosquitoes
- Chikonguniya fever increases in capital
- 10 convincing health reasons to eat more chocolate
- '6 thousand people to face early death each year due to Rampal'