Global Handwashing Day today
12:09 pm, October 15, 2016
Global Handwashing Day-2016 will be observed today in Bangladesh as elsewhere in the world.
The day marks the campaign to motivate and mobilize people around the world to improve their handwashing habits by washing their hands with soap throughout each day. The campaign is dedicated to raising awareness of handwashing with soap as a key approach to disease prevention.
Different government and non-government organizations of Bangladesh have chalked out elaborate programmes to mark the day.
Local Government Division under LGRD and Cooperatives Ministry will bring out a colorful procession from Jatiya Press Club at 8.30 on Sunday morning. It will also organize a discussion at 9.30am at Osmani Memorial Auditorium.
LGRD and Cooperatives Minister Khandker Mosharraf Hossain will join the discussion as the chief guest.
Other news Of this category
- 3 African countries to get 1st malaria vaccine
- Is it safe or not to drink water after eating watermelon?
- Australian scientists halt growth of colon, stomach cancers
- Child TB patients in Bangladesh rising
- Girl with ‘Treeman’ syndrome went under successful surgery