Mithun quits Rajya Sabha
5:21 pm, December 26, 2016
Actor-turned-politician Mithun Chakraborty has resigned as Rajya Sabha MP. He represented the Trinamool Congress in the upper House of Parliament, said reports in Indian media.
He has submitted his resignation to Rajya Sabha Chairman, sources in TMC said. Mithun cited health issues as the reason behind his resignation, Trinamool said in a statement on Monday.
Mithun, whose alleged involvement in Saradha scam made news last year, had attended the Upper House for three days only. He also did not participate in any debate or ask question in the House.
Chakraborty was elected to the Rajya Sabha in April 2014.
Mithun made his acting debut in the 1976 Mrinal Sen-directed film Mrigaya, for which he won the National Film Award for Best Actor. He has acted in several blockbusters including Dance Dance, Pyar Jhukta Nahi and Agneepath
Other news Of this category
- Riya Sen gets married in a hush-hush ceremony
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz to ' release with its original flavour'
- Anne Hathaway’s nude images leaked, Twitter erupts in shock, show of support
- Shraddha finalised as leading lady opposite Prabhas in Saaho
- Salman used to call me 'pichchi (little one)': Shabnur