Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
Poriborton Desk 2:11 pm, October 13, 2017
A trader of illegal drugs was killed in a gunfight between his cohorts and DB personnel in Golachipa area under Sadar upazila of the district in the early hours of Friday. The deceased was identified as Moniruzzaman Shaheen alias Banduk Shaheen, son of Abdul Jalil Bhuiyan of the area.
On secret information, a team of DB police conducted a drive in the area around 3:30am when a group of drug traders and criminals gathered there, said Mahbubur Rahman, officer-in-charge (OC) of Narayanganj DB police.
Sensing the law enforcers' presence, a group of drug traders, the associates of Shaheen opened fire on the police, prompting them to retaliate, triggering a gunfight, leaving Shaheen dead on the spot.
Police also recovered one foreign-made pistol and four bullets from the spot.
Two policemen, including the OC, were injured during the gunfight.
24 cases including murder and charges of subversive activities were pending with different police stations against him, police said.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime
- Teenager admitted to DMCH after playing Blue Whale Challenge