Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
Poriborton Correspondent 6:37 pm, October 12, 2017
A Barisal court on Thursday sentenced a youth to life-term imprisonment for murdering a college girl named Sharmin Akhter in Nalchity upazila of the district in 2013. District Additional and Session judge Md Bozlur Rahman handed down the verdict to Mehedi Hassan.
According to prosecution, on February 27 in 2013 Mehedi Hassan killed the girl beside her house at Timirkathi village by stabbing as her parents refused his marriage proposal.
Following the murder the girl's father Abul Kalam filed a case with Nalchity Thana the next day.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime
- Teenager admitted to DMCH after playing Blue Whale Challenge