Toxic molasses kills two pharmaceutical workers, sickens 8
Poriborton Correspondent 2:20 pm, October 12, 2017
Two pharmaceutical workers died and eight others fell sick on Wednesday night consuming apparently toxic molasses along with bread provided by the factory management, police and witnesses said.
"We were served last night the molasses along with bread as part of our daily meal . . . we fell sick soon after consuming the food," said one of the workers Team Pharma as he is being treated at Rajshahi Medical College Hospital (RMCH) along with nine of his co-workers.
Police said the workers were initially sent back to their home but they were rushed to the hospital with deteriorating condition and two of them died early this morning.
The factory is situated at BSCIC industrial estate in the city.
"We are going to launch investigations to confirm as the cause behind the incidents,"
Godagari Police Station's officer in charge Hipzur Alam Munshi, told newsmen.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime