Gold worth Tk2.50 crore seized at Dhaka airport
Poriborton Correspondent 6:40 pm, October 11, 2017
Members of the Preventive Team of Customs House on Wednesday recovered 4.50 kilograms of gold worth about Taka 2.50 crore from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport (HSIA) area.
Acting on a tip-off, a team searched a flight of US Bangla Airlines (BS-322) at 8 am which came back from Muscat and recovered 40 gold bars containing 116 grams each kept under a seat of the flight in abandoned condition.
None was arrested in this connection, Assistant Customs Commissioner Md Saidul Islam, said, adding the investigation is going on.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime