Turkey's First Lady to visit Rohingyas in Cox's Bazar
Poriborton Correspondent 2:45 pm, September 07, 2017
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early this morning to meet Rohingya Muslims who had fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine state. A special aircraft carrying Emine Erdogan and her entourage landed at Shahjalal International Airport around 3am today. State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in another aircraft.
The visit followed the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine state that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
A foreign ministry official told BSS that the First Lady along with Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam have already left Dhaka for Cox's Bazar to visit Rohingya camps there.
Other news Of this category
- Two Rohingya women with HIV/AIDS admitted to CMCH
- Solution to Rohingya crisis lies with Myanmar: UNHCR chief
- Passengers must show ID for availing transports in Cox's Bazar
- Rohingyas not to be provided refugee status yet: Disaster Management Secretary
- Man to die for killing wife in Rajshahi