Turkey's First Lady to visit Rohingyas in Cox's Bazar
Poriborton Correspondent 2:45 pm, September 07, 2017
Turkey's First Lady Emine Erdogan arrived in Dhaka early this morning to meet Rohingya Muslims who had fled persecution in Myanmar's Rakhine state. A special aircraft carrying Emine Erdogan and her entourage landed at Shahjalal International Airport around 3am today. State Minister for Foreign Affairs Md Shahriar Alam received her at the airport.
Earlier, Turkey's Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu arrived in Dhaka in another aircraft.
The visit followed the latest bloodshed in Myanmar's Rakhine state that resulted in the fresh influx of Rohingyas into Bangladesh.
A foreign ministry official told BSS that the First Lady along with Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali and State Minister Md Shahriar Alam have already left Dhaka for Cox's Bazar to visit Rohingya camps there.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime