Detainee commits suicide in Jessore Juvenile Development Centre
Poriborton Correspondent 5:42 pm, September 06, 2017
Masud Hosain (14) committed suicide in a room on the second floor of Jessore Juvenile Development Centre around 8:30pm on Tusday. He was the son of Rabiul Islam from Maheshpur upazila in Jhenidah.
Earlier, on June 23 a detainee named Gobinda (15) committed suicide there.
Deputy Director of the center Mohammad Shahabuddin said, "Masud committed suicide by hanging himself form a ceiling fan in a roomof the dormitory. His body was handed over to his family after the postmortem."
Probation officer Masum Billah said, "Masud was sent there in a case at the end of June. He ahd no contact with his family. This made him depressed."
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime