Detainee commits suicide in Jessore Juvenile Development Centre
Poriborton Correspondent 5:42 pm, September 06, 2017
Masud Hosain (14) committed suicide in a room on the second floor of Jessore Juvenile Development Centre around 8:30pm on Tusday. He was the son of Rabiul Islam from Maheshpur upazila in Jhenidah.
Earlier, on June 23 a detainee named Gobinda (15) committed suicide there.
Deputy Director of the center Mohammad Shahabuddin said, "Masud committed suicide by hanging himself form a ceiling fan in a roomof the dormitory. His body was handed over to his family after the postmortem."
Probation officer Masum Billah said, "Masud was sent there in a case at the end of June. He ahd no contact with his family. This made him depressed."
Other news Of this category
- Three Bangladeshi peacekeepers die in Mali
- PMO dismisses news of failed attack on PM
- State minister, secretary fined for driving on wrong side of road
- Turkey to build refugee camps for 1 lakh Rohingyas
- Mother dies, two kids receive injuries in Badda fire