Farhad Mazhar abducted to distract people: Fakhrul
Poriborton Correspondent 5:12 pm, July 05, 2017
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir has opined that writer, poet Farhad Mazhar was kidnapped to divert people's attention from the verdict of the Sixteenth Amendment. He said this while talking to reporters at the BNP's central office at Nayapaltan in the city on Wednesday noon.
Fakhrul said, "After the verdict of the Sixteenth Amendment, the incident of the kidnapping of Farhad Mazhar happened. Whenever there is an incident against the government, another incident has been done to suppress it. Now, if we could not find the Farhad Mazhar, what would we do? What was to do? Because the police is talking about it in such a way that it is understood that the crime is done by Farhad Mazhar.
Criticizing hardly the statement of Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal which is ‘We have not found any fault of Farhad Mazhar yet,’ Mirza Fakhrul said, “What do you mean by that? What do they want to explain? I am surprised. Government cannot reveal the facts of any incident.”
Praising Farhad Mazhar, he said, “He is a true patriot, a strong Bangladeshi. Not only that, he is a scientist and a philosopher. He works with the people and the rights of the people.”
Other news Of this category
- Khaleda Zia communicating with IS: Hasan
- 'History points toward Sheikh Hasina'
- Tarique himself drives after receiving his mother at Heathrow
- BNP can't halt AL's victory by falsehood: Quader
- Charge-framing against Tarique Rahman's mother-in-law on Aug 16
- BNP-Jamaat alliance lobbied agencies to pull back Rampal Project: Hanif
- A quarter creating instability to fish in troubled water: Quader
- Allah involved in politics on behalf of Jatiya Party: Ershad
- Waiting for Ershad, Rowshan sings song, ghazal
- Army to be deployed as ‘striking force’ during election period: Quader