Hundreds of shanties gutted again in Karail slum fire
Poriborton Correspondent 11:47 am, March 16, 2017
Some 100 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out at Karail slum in capital's Mohakhali area early Thursday.
No casualty was reported till the filing of this report around 8:30 am.
Mizanur Rahman, duty officer of Fire Service Control Room, said the fire broke out at a shanty around 2:50 am and spread soon.
Receiving information, 18 firefighting units rushed in and brought the blaze under control around 7:15 am.
Debashish Bhadra, deputy director (operation) of Fire Service Headquarters, said a three-member probe committee headed by Abdul Mannan, deputy director (Department) of Fire Service Headquarters, was formed to look into the fire incident.
The cause of the fire could not be known yet.
Other news Of this category
- Tk7 lakh agreement over cheating in DU entry test, 4 held
- Drug peddler killed in N'ganj gunfight
- 'Good news' regarding DNCC Mayor Annisul's health
- Youth jailed for life for killing girl in Jhalakathi
- Notice issued: CJ can leave the country anytime