Collaborations of political parties needed for free election : President
9:39 pm, January 11, 2017
President Abdul Hamid has opined that cooperation of the political parties is needed for a free and fair election.
He opined this in the dialogue with Awami League regarding election commission (EC) on Wednesday afternoon.
The president said, “The role of election commission is very important for election. And for a free election, fair law and order situation and cooperation of the political parties are very much needed.”
At this time he expressed the hope to form a strong election commission with the collaboration of all political parties.
Meanwhile, in the dialogue, president of Awami League Sheikh Hasina told, “Awami League will provide all supports to the initiative taken by the president to form EC.”
She expressed her interest to issue a law to form EC. She also proposed to introduce e-voting system for transparent election.
The general secretary of the Awami League Obaidul Quader told reporters, “The discussion with the president has been fruitful.”
Other news Of this category
- Finance Minister to fix tax free income limit for 50 years
- Ahead of Ramadan selling of goods at low prices to be started from May 15
- Businessmen argue with finance minister over VAT issue
- PM warns against rise of food prices in plea of flood
- UP chairman’s hanging dead body found in his room